Benefits of SSALA Membership
The Louisiana Self Storage Association was formed in 2007 to respond to the needs of self storage owners and operators throughout the state. Our mission is to strengthen the self-storage industry in Louisiana, promoting professional standards and quality and presenting a unified voice on issues affecting the industry in the state and in its communities. The following is a list of benefits available with SSALA membership.
- Legislative Watch. SSALA represents members’ interest by presenting a united front on legislative issues impacting Louisiana’s mini-storage industry.
- Legal Counsel. Legal advice and interpretation is available from SSALA legal counsel along with guidance in conducting business within the law.
- Communications. SSALA provides pertinent communications through its quarterly newsletter, and website: www.SSALA.org. Featured material includes information on association activities, current industry trends and articles on legal, management and operational issues.
- Educational Networking Mixers. Held semi annually these statewide events provide the opportunity for SSALA members to network and hear educational presentations.
- Deep South Self-Storage Conference and Trade Show. SSALA annual conference offers top-notch educational, seminars, facility tours, networking opportunities and a trade show featuring local and national vendors.
- Forms. SSALA will provide a member-only standardized lease and other forms to aid in the daily operations.
- Membership ID. Annual decals and SSALA logos are available to promote membership to customers.
- Affiliated State of the Self Storage Association includes several “Indirect Member” benefits (see below)
- *** New Benefits – The Board of Directors for the Texas Self Storage Association (www.txssa.org, Phone: 512/374-9089) and the Mississippi Self Storage Owners Association (www.MsSSOA.org) have voted to allow members of the Louisiana Self Storage Association attend all of their conferences and events at their member pricing.
THIS IS AN EXCERPT FROM THE ORIGINAL SSA STATE AFFILIATION AGREEMENT INDICATING YOUR AFFILIATE BENEFITS:
Payment of the Annual Affiliation Fee by Affiliate to SSA shall entitle each Indirect Member to the following:
(a) an annual subscription to the SSA Globe magazine;
(b) an annual $50.00 gift certificate from SSA that can be redeemed by the Member and applied to registration fees for SSA meeting, conferences or other education sessions of for publications; provided, however, that such certificate must be used within the calendar year it is issued;
(c) The Member shall be eligible to access and utilize, for an Indirect Member fee, SSA’s Online Demand Estimator (ODE*SSA 2.0) technology tool by entering the program via the SSA Website “Members Only” section.
4.2 Payment of the Annual Affiliation Fee by Affiliate to SSA shall entitle the Affiliate to the following:
(a) The right to co-mail Affiliate’s newsletter or periodical – either inserted into the Globe or sent in a common poly-bag mailer with the Globe – four (4) times each year to it’s Members with SSA bearing the costs of postage;
(b) The right to one (1) full-page ad per year in the Globe; however, the full page can be taken in increments (quarter-page minimum);
(c) The right to have the Affiliate’s Chief Executive/Operating Officer register and attend the Affiliate Associations Leadership Conference without the payment of registration fees to SSA; and,
(d) The right to recommend qualified individuals to SSA’s Nominating Committee for consideration in filing open seats on the Association’s Board of Directors in accordance with SSA’s Bylaws.